Frequently Asked Questions
- 25 evening delicious home cooked meals
- Dining room that is open for lunch and supper 7 days a week
- Weekly housekeeping & linen service
- Free laundry facilities available for personal laundry
- Wellness clinics
- Social & recreational services
- General repairs and maintenance
- Full kitchens in every suite
- On-site mail delivery & pickup
- Computer with Internet access in the recreation area
- Suites individually heated & air-conditioned
- Secure storage locker for every suite
- 24-hour pendant emergency response system
- “I’m okay” program (See above for details)
- Patio/BBQ, garden with gazebo
- Raised garden beds for residents
- Horse shoes, walking paths, and benches
- All utility costs (water, power and gas)
- Cable TV services with HD Channels
- Internet in Suite with own router
- State-of-the-art fire suppression system
- Library and public library exchange
- Weekday shuttle service for medical appointments and scheduled shopping excursions
- Access to our Tenant Services Coordinator, Chaplain, Social Worker, Housekeeping and Food Service Supervisors
- A TV/family room and a multipurpose room that can be reserved for special occasions
- Pool table and shuffle board
- Exercise room
- Resident wood shop and craft room
- Free visitor parking
- Hair salon
- Home support services
- Foot care clinics
- Guest suites
- Onsite weekly groceries
- Underground heated parking
- Additional lunch packages
At Luther Riverside Terrace we have many options for living to suit your style! Starting at just $2946/month your rent and everything listed below will be covered to give you the most comfortable living experience possible.
Yes, we love furry friends! For the safety and comfort of our residents, all pets must be under 25 pounds and non-agressive.
See the following guidelines to keeping a furry friend with us:
• service animals are permitted
• tenants may have one pet, one dog, or one serivce animal per unit. No more than one
aquairum at 20 gallons or less
• pets will not be a nuisance or cause unreasonable disturbances
We would love for you to come and visit us at Luther Riverside Terrace! All you have to do is contact us to book a free tour, whenever works for you. If you prefer staying in the comfort of your own home, there are room floor plans listed online to give you an idea of the different types of suites we offer.
We have a shuttle service that will take you to and from any medical appointments or scheduled shopping outings! They will pick you up and drop you off right at the front entrance of LRT so you don’t even have to be in the cold for too long.
This question is best answered by the people who live here and we encourage prospective residents to come have coffee with our residents to get the real answers to these types of questions. What we can tell you is there is a food services supervisor dedicated to quality food and service. Residents have opportunity to comment on every meal and these comments are reviewed and acted upon. We offer 2 entrée choices at our evening meal and the lunch meal is a’ la cart with a daily special. Menus are available in advance from the office, the website and posted daily.
See for yourself- with a tour, we will give a complimentary lunch for those in attendance! Click here to book a tour.
Go to our Calendar to see next month’s menu!
The “I’m Okay” program is a simple and effective way for our staff to ensure your safety each and every day. Simply hang the door card on the outside of your door handle in the morning when you wake, indicating that all is well with you. Your floor monitor checks the doors on your floor each morning and will alert staff if the sign is not out or there is no response to a knock. Someone will come check on you to make sure all is well.
Approximately 175 people in 155 independent/enriched living suites and 20 personal care home suites.
The short answer is yes on select suites, however, some suites are available for immediate move-in. If you are our waiting list, you are called when you activate your application, which could be right away or in the future, whichever you choose. We will begin calling you for open suites of your choosing when you want to be called. You maintain your place on our waiting list even if you are active and turn down a suite. Filling in an Application for Residence is the process for going on our waiting list.
A couple things come to mind – the backyard is second to none for those who enjoy the outdoors and like the feel of country living minutes from downtown. Also, there is a fridge and stove in each suite, temperature controlled underground parking, and a well-equipped wood working shop. These things along with a social worker on staff and friendly, kind residents sets us apart for comfortable living. A tour helps to see if we are the best fit for you.